PreferencesThere are quite a few settings in the POS Preferences, here is an overview of each one:
General POS Preferences
- Print/Show Description - Would you like your item description to show on your POS screen?
- Print Original Price on Receipt - When including a discount on your transaction, would you like to show the original price?
- Print Line Item Notes on Receipt: When on the POS screen and notes are added to the line item, would you like those notes to print on the receipt?
- Enable Manual Tax Calculation: Would you like to be able to manually change the sale tax amount? This should only be used if you are in an area that does NOT have a fixed rate sales tax.
- Color/Size must match Color/Size Group: Would you like to restrict the colors and sizes when on a POS transaction to ONLY those that have been added to the Color/Size Group for that particular item? Colors/Sizes may be added under the vendor details.
- Color/Size left blank when item added to special order - This setting controls whether BridalLive will clear out the color and size of your stock piece before adding the item to the order.
- Default associate for new transactions: To whom would you like the TRANSACTION to automatically be assigned?
- Default associate for new payments:To whom would you like the PAYMENT to automatically be assigned? The associate to whom the payment is assigned is the associate who will receive credit for the payment (used in calculating commission).
- Default Deposit Percent: Would you like BridalLive to suggest a percent of payment when on a transaction. This will only apply to Special Orders and Layaways. The default percent on Sales and Returns will always be 100%.
Smart Filter Preferences
- Unissued Special Orders include Non-Inventory items - this setting controls whether you want BridalLive to include items with an Item Type of Non-Inventory Item in your Unissued Special Orders smart filter.
- Unissued Special Orders include Wedding Party Orders - this setting controls whether you want BridalLive to include orders created for wedding parties in your Unissued Special Orders smart filter. Many time folks like to leave this setting to "No" and manage their Wedding Party Orders through the "Bridesmaid Registries Without POs" smart filter.
Your Store's Logo
Upload your store's logo to print on customer receipts. Files must be 250 X 125 or smaller.
Sales AgreementsSales Agreements print on the receipts printed from the Point Of Sale. Each type of transaction can have its own sales agreement since your terms may vary for something purchased off the floor (Sale), special ordered, put on layaway, or returned.
Don't forget to include your signature & date line at the bottom.
If you process credit cards through BridalLive, you will want to include your credit card terms.
Click here to view BridalLive's documents package with suggested terms & conditions and more!
Payment MethodsHere you can specify the available payment methods that your store accepts.
Tax CodesHere you can specify the types of sales tax codes that apply to your business.
Click here to proceed to Step 5: Inventory and Purchasing