To register a prom dress means that you want to track to which school you have sold a particular dress in a specific color. You can also use the Prom Registry for other formal events (ie, pageants, balls, etc) in which you'd would like to keep from selling similar styles to the same event or school.
The event locations to which you register items can be setup under the settings module. To do so, go to Settings Contacts Event Locations.
Registering a Prom Dress upon Sale
BridalLive can automatically ask you to register an item it's added to a transaction. In order to enable this behavior, you'll need become familiar with an item's "Prompt to Register" setting.
When you sell a dress that is marked with the "Prompt To Register" setting, BridalLive will ask you which school you would like this dress to be registered to when it is sold. See the screenshot below to locate the "Prompt To Register" setting.
To register a prom dress at the time of the sale, follow these steps:
- Create a transaction
- Add an item to the order that has the "Prompt To Register" setting enabled.
- A popup window will appear, choose the event location that you would like to register this dress to.
Pro Tip - Bulk Update the Prompt to Register Setting
You can assign the "Prompt To Register when sold" setting to many items at once via Bulk Actions. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to, Inventory - Search Items - Filter the list by the items you would like to update
- Make sure the # of entries shown is set to ALL
- Select the items you would like to change using the checkboxes
- Click Bulk Actions Change Prompt to Register Setting Select the setting you would like to change
Registering a Dress after the Sale
From time to time, a prom dress might either not have the Prompt To Register setting enabled. When this happens, you can still register the dress at the time of sale. To do so, follow these steps:
- Create a transaction
- Add an item to the order
- The popup will not appear and you will need to click Action Register to Prom (as seen below)
Register a dress from the Prom Registry screen
Another way to register dresses would be to use the Prom Registry link located at the top of the BridalLive menu bar. When registering items this way, BridalLive will not know which customer it belongs to because the registration is not being done from the Transaction.
To register items from the Prom Registry Screen:
- Click "Prom Registry" in the top menu of BridalLive.
- Click the "Register An Item" button
- Select the item and event location and click "Register"
Clearing the Prom Registry
At the beginning of a new season, you will want to clear the Registry so that it is not cluttered with the previous year's registrations.
To do this follow these steps:
- Click "Prom Registry" in the top menu of BridalLive
- Select "All" to display all the registered entries
- Click the "Check All" checkbox to select all the registered entries
- Click Bulk Actions Delete Registered Entries
This should be performed at the beginning of each new season.