With BridalLive, you can charge for your Appointments. Appointments can be charged for Booking or for Cancelations.
For this feature to be accessible, you will need to have a subscription on the Standard Plus or Elite Plans using one of our integrated credit card processors.
Setup the Charge on the Appointment Type:
Navigate to Settings > Activities > Appointment Types. If you are updating an existing Appointment Type, you'll need to click edit on the right for that Appointment. If you are adding a new appointment, click on Add Appointment Type.
You will see the Card on File Settings at the bottom of the Edit Appointment Type window.
- Require Payment info for Booking to Yes - this will prompt the user to enter their card details. If you set this to No, the user will NOT be prompted to enter their card details on the appointment form.
- Select whether you would like to charge for booking or canceling the appointment type. You will be prompted to make the charge based on these settings, but the actual charge will be made by the store. This way the store can decide to charge the customer or not. Refunds for the appointment can also be done in the system easily if needed.
- The Item Used for Booking/Cancellation is the Item that will be placed automatically on the Sale Transaction when the card is charged. (see below for steps on creating this item)
Creating the Item used for Booking/Cancellation
You can create the Item before setting up the Appointment from Inventory > Add Item or click the + button on the Edit Appointment window to create a new Item.
The Item can be named anything you'd like. For example, you can name it "Cancellation Fee". The item should have the following:
- Department = Fees/Extra Charges
- Item Type = Non-Inventory
- Tax Code = Generally this will be No Tax, but please check with your specific location's tax laws
- Vendor = Your Store's Name. **If your store is not already a Vendor in BridalLive, you can add your store into your BridalLive account by going to Inventory > Add Vendor.**
- Retail Price = This will be how much you'd like to charge for the fee
Your Add Item screen should look similar to this.
What Your Customers See
With the Booking or Cancellation charge in place, your customers will be prompted to input their card details from your online webform. Once they've input their card details, they will click on an "Agree to Fee" button to submit their Appointment.
The form may be slightly different for other integrated processors.
Charging the Customer's Card
BridalLive does not automatically charge a customer's card for Booking or Cancelation Fees. You will tell BridalLive when you're ready to apply the fee to the Customer's Appointment. This allows the store to have more control over when and if the charges need to be implemented.
When you view the Appointment pop-up inside of BridalLive, you will now see an option to View Card or Charge. If you are Charging for Cancellations, this will only Appear if the Appointment has been marked as Cancelled.
Click Charge when you're ready to charge the card. BridalLive will ask if you would like to charge the card now. Clicking on Yes will then bring up this screen:
Clicking Charge & Close will process the card that the customer stored on file when they booked their appointment. You will see an automated Completed Sale Transaction Type in your Transactions list for the Customer with a Line Item for the Fee for the customer charged.
You will also see the status of the Appointment in your Appointments show that the card has been charged.