There are quite a few settings in the POS Preferences, here is an overview of each one:
General POS Preferences
Color/Size is required on special orders: Would you like the color and size fields to be required on the special order transaction?
Color/Size blank when item added to special order: This setting controls whether BridalLive will clear out the color and size of your stock piece before adding the item to the order.
Color/Size blank when item added to the wedding registry: Would you like the color and size fields to be blank when you add an item to the wedding registry?
Color/Size blank when item added as a favorite: Would you like the color and size fields to be blank when you add an item to the Contact's favorites?
Color/Size must match Color Group/Size Chart: Would you like to restrict the colors and sizes when on a POS transaction to ONLY those that have been added to the Color/Size Group for that particular item? Colors/Sizes may be added under the vendor details.
Enable transaction level discounts: We recommend you discount the item at the item level instead of transaction level, as transaction level discounts are applied at a percentage based on the adjusted price for each item.
Copy line item notes to PO by default: Any line item notes from the special order transaction will copy over to the associated purchase order.
Enable Manual Tax Calculation: Would you like to be able to manually change the sale tax amount? This should only be used if you are in an area that does NOT have a fixed rate sales tax.
- Default Deposit Percent: Would you like BridalLive to suggest a percent of payment when on a transaction. This will only apply to Special Orders and Layaways. The default percent on Sales and Returns will always be 100%.
- Default associate for new transactions: To whom would you like the TRANSACTION to automatically be assigned?
- Default associate for new payments:To whom would you like the PAYMENT to automatically be assigned? The associate to whom the payment is assigned is the associate who will receive credit for the payment (used in calculating commission).
Show Item Description: Would you like your item description to show on your POS screen?
Show Original Price: When including a discount on your transaction, would you like to show the original price?
Show Line Item Notes: When on the POS screen and notes are added to the line item, would you like those notes to print on the receipt?
Show Vendor Name: When printing the receipt, do you want the name of the Vendor for the items to show?
Show Estimated Arrival Date: Do you want to show the estimated arrival date on the printed receipt?
Show Measurements: If the contact on the transaction has measurements, do you want these to show on the printed receipt?
Show Future Appointments: Do you want to show any future appointments assigned to the contact on the printed receipt?
Show Associate First Name Only: This will hide the associate's last name on the printed receipt.
- Print Line Item Notes on Receipt: Would you like to print the item's line item notes on the receipt
Smart Filter Preferences
- Unissued Special Orders include Non-Inventory items - this setting controls whether you want BridalLive to include items with an Item Type of Non-Inventory Item in your Unissued Special Orders smart filter.
- Unissued Special Orders include Wedding Party Orders - this setting controls whether you want BridalLive to include orders created for wedding parties in your Unissued Special Orders smart filter. Many time folks like to leave this setting to "No" and manage their Wedding Party Orders through the "Bridesmaid Registries Without POs" smart filter.
Digital Signature Preferences (Specific Plans)
- Use Digital Signature: If your plan includes the use of digital signature, you can turn this on by selecting yes
- Payment Methods Requiring Signature: You can set the payment methods you would require a digital signature to be acquired
- Transaction Types Requiring Signature: You can set the transaction types you want to require a digital signature on.
Sales Agreements print on the receipts printed from the Point Of Sale. Each type of transaction can have its own sales agreement since your terms may vary for something purchased off the floor (Sale), special ordered, put on layaway, or returned.
Don't forget to include your signature & date line at the bottom.
If you process credit cards through BridalLive, you will want to include your credit card terms.
Click here to view BridalLive's documents package with suggested terms & conditions and more!
Here you can specify the available payment methods that your store accepts.
Here you can specify the types of sales tax codes that apply to your business.
Click here to proceed to Step 5: Inventory and Purchasing