This article will walk you through how to create item add-ons for your inventory items. The add-ons can be created under the vendor and applied in bulk and created on the inventory item individually.
Create Item Add-Ons by Vendor
You can create item add-ons for vendors that can be applied to items in bulk. You will need to create the item add-ons for each vendor you would like to use item add-ons.
- Navigate to your vendor by hovering over the Inventory menu option on the left and select Search Vendors.
- Click Edit to the right of your vendor to open the vendor options.
- Select the Item Add-Ons tab
- Click the Add Item Add-Ons button to create a new item add-on
- Description - Name your item add-on
- Addl. Price - You can add an additional price that will increase the price of the inventory item when the item add-on is applied to the transaction. You can also leave the price as 0 and the user has the permission to update price on the Point of Sale user permissions can update the price when the item add-on is applied.
- Addl. Cost - You can add an additional cost that will increase the cost of the inventory item when the item add-on is applied to the Purchase Order. You can also leave the cost as 0 and the user has the permission to update the cost on the Purchasing user permissions can update the cost when the item add-on is applied.
- Is Default? - The ‘Is Default’ setting when set to yes will allow the Item Add-On to be automatically added to the transaction. If the ‘Is Default’ setting is set to no, then the item add-on will need to be manually selected from the pop-up.
- Notes - These are notes that can show when the item add-on is applied to the item.
Add Item Add-Ons to Inventory Items in Bulk
- Hover over the Inventory menu option on the left and select Search Items.
- Filter your search results by Vendor. You can only apply Item Add-Ons once you select the vendor. Set any other filters you would like to filter by.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the items you would like to apply the item add-ons to. The top checkbox will select all items shown.
- Once you have your items selected with the checkbox, click Bulk Actions
- To apply item add-ons to the inventory items in bulk, navigate to Bulk Add Item Add-Ons and select the item add-on you would like to apply to the items.
- Do the above steps for each item add-on you would like to apply to the items.
Create Item Add-Ons for Individual Items
- You can add and edit item add-ons on the create new items Add Item screen.
- You can add and edit item add-ons on the Item Information screen for previously created inventory items.
- Once you click on the Add/Edit Item Add-Ons, you will be able to create new item add-ons. This will then open up the Item Add-Ons options.
Add Item Add-Ons for Individual Items
- If the Item's vendor has Item Add-Ons already created, you can select and edit those from these screens as well. First, select the vendor on the Add Item screen, and you will be able to select the item add-ons to apply to the item.
- From the Item Information screen, select the Add/Edit Item Add-Ons. Select the item add-on from the dropdown and click the purple Add button.