One great feature of the Client Portal is that it allows you to send a 'Request for Measurements' from any contact profile in BridalLive. The requests can be sent via email or text message. When the contact clicks the link inside the message, they will be taken directly to the Submit your Measurements screen within the portal. Here's how to begin requesting measurements from your customers.
Sending the Measurements Request
Before your clients make a payment via the Client Portal, you must first send the measurements' request from within BridalLive. This is done using the screen shown below. Follow the instructions listed below the screenshot to send a measurements request.
Contact Profile Measurements Screen - Request Measurements
Request Measurements Screen
To request measurements:
- Navigate to the contact for which you would like to request measurements
- Click the Measurements from the left menu
- Click the Request Measurements Button. If you do not see this button, your user account has not been granted the "Request Measurements" Permission. You will need to grant permission and refresh your screen.
- On the Pop Up that appears, select the contact that you'd like to send the request to. This defaults to contact whose profile you are on.
- Select the Delivery Method for the request. If you have Twilio linked up to your BridalLive account, you will have the option of selecting "SMS"
- For each delivery method selected, select which template you'd like to send. BridalLive only displays templates that have the correct Client Portal merge keys in them. This keeps you from making mistakes by selecting the wrong template.
- Click Send
Note: The Client Portal comes with 3 different email/text message templates for requesting measurements. If you know the type of measurements (dress or tuxedo) that you are requesting feel free to select the appropriate template. If you are unsure if the contact is wearing a dress or tuxedo, you can choose the "Client's Choice" template. This will prompt your client to select on their own.
Your Clients' View
Your customer will now receive a message asking them to submit their measurements. When clicking the button/link to submit measurements, they will be automatically logged in to their Client Portal (unless you've enabled PIN access). They will be presented with a screen shown below...
BridalLive has added protection against your customers submitting measurements when you already have measurements on file for the customer. When a customer goes to the measurements screen and they already have measurements on file in BridalLive, they will be presented with the screen below.
Client Portal Measurements Screen - When a customer has measurements on file
When your clients submit their measurements, you will receive notifications inside of BridalLive. These notifications are displayed at the top of BridalLive and are shown below.
That's all it takes to request measurements from your customers!