The Coronavirus pandemic has forced formal wear entrepreneurs to adapt quickly to the changing business conditions. We know that the COVID-19 pandemic will subside. Until then, our team at BridalLive is focused on how to lessen the impact COVID-19 has on the formal wear industry. Starting today, BridalLive will enable the ability to collect online payments for all of our customers.
If your customers owe balances, you can now use BridalLive to request payment for that balance.
When your customer receives your request for payment (via email/SMS), they can easily & securely pay online. While this will require that you sign up for one of our integrated payment providers, this feature means you can collect revenue under a temporary shut down.
The Online Payments feature will remain free until business conditions return to normal or the US Government lifts the National Emergency declaration.
*Please see the bottom of this article for information on how to update the Look & Feel of the online payment page and how you can adjust the settings. The payment request page settings will be pulled from the My Orders section of the Advanced Settings.
Online Payment Providers
BridalLive works with BridalLive Pay (US shops) and Stripe (non-US shops) to accept online payments. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with BridalLive Pay.
How to send a request for online payment:
- Navigate to the customer's transaction that you would like to send the payment from
- Click on the Payments button
- Update the Amount to request if needed
- Click on the Request Payment button
*If you do not see the Request Payment button, scroll to the bottom of this article.
- From the Request Payment screen, you can update the amount and require a Sales Agreement signature (if included in your plan and enabled - see more at the bottom of this article). You can add and edit your Sales Agreements by going to Settings > Point of Sale > Sales Agreement.
- You may not have the payment Client Portal email templates installed in your account yet. If BridalLive doesn't recognize any templates, you will be prompted to install the templates. Please click Install Templates.
- If you require a signature, you can select from your default transaction Sales Agreement or any custom Sales Agreements in your settings.
*If you do not see the Request Sales Agreement Signature field, scroll to the bottom of this article to see how to enable.
- Delivery Method - Email and SMS - You can send the payment request to the Contact via email and/or SMS. The Contact must be opted in and have a valid mobile number to be able to send the customer the SMS template. Once you select your delivery method, you will be able to select the template from BridalLive. The templates will be different if you selected the signature request or not.
(without Sales Agreement signature) (with Sales Agreement signature)
You can update and review the email and SMS templates:
- Email - If you wish, the default email template can be updated by going to Settings > Messaging > Email Templates.
- SMS - The default email template can be updated by going to Settings > Messaging > Text Message Templates.
What the customer will see
Making the payment via website or mobile
(The look of the payment fields may differ depending on the credit card processor)
Signing the Sales Agreement after the payment has been made
How does the payment and signature come into BridalLive?
Your requested payments and signatures via the Client Portal will come into a new notification at the top of your BridalLive account. You will see an icon that looks like an iPad that will let you know when you have a new notification from the Client Portal.
You can update the Look & Feel of your Payment Request page with your store colors and your company logo. You may want to also make sure your Company Profile in BridalLive is looking exactly the way you want, as your default email and SMS templates will pull information from this page.
You can use the My Orders Advanced Settings to make some changes to the payment request page the customer will see.
*If you do not see the Request Payment button
If you do not see the Request Payment button on your Payments screen, this could be for two reasons. You will need to first have one of the integrated credit card processors, and you will also want to make sure you have the correct permissions for your User Role.
Update User Role Permissions:
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Security > User Roles
- Select Edit to the right of the User Role you would like to update
- Click the Client Portal menu option
- Check Request Payments and/or Request Signature
*If you do not see the Require Sales Agreement Signature
If you are on the Standard Plan and above, you have access to use the digital signature feature in BridalLive. When you request a payment, you can also request a signature from the customer for your sales agreement.
- Navigate to Settings > Point of Sale > Preferences
- Scroll down to Digital Signature Preferences
- Set 'Use Digital Signature feature?' to Yes
- You can require payment methods to have digital signatures. If a payment method is required the sales consultant will not be able to leave the screen until the digital signature has been acquired.
- You can require transaction types to have digital signatures. If a transaction type is set to require the digital signature, the sales consultant will not be able to leave the screen until the digital signature has been acquired. If the transaction was created prior to requiring the transaction type to have a digital signature, you will need to add some type of mark to the digital signature to be allowed to leave the screen.