In this article we will walk through the steps needed to connect the Verifone MX925 to your network and then adding it as a terminal to MerchantTrack.
Connecting the MX925 to your Network
Follow the steps below to connect the device to your Network. The video above walks you through all of the steps listed below.
- Plug your Ethernet Cable into the Module box that came with the device. Use the third slot from the right. If you connect the cable to the wrong slot, you will receive an error message when the terminal boots up.
- On the back side of the terminal, slide the Module box into the slot to connect it.
- Connect the power cord
- The device will power on and begin it's boot up process. This can take 2-4 minutes.
- When the boot up process is complete, you will see an activation code.
When you see the activation code, you know that the device is connected to the internet. The next step is to activate the device in Merchant Track. To do so, follow the directions below.
Activate device in MerchantTrack
- Navigate to MerchantTrack
- Login with the credentials sent in your Welcome Email
- Click "Activate Terminal" from the left menu
- Enter the Activation Code and give the device a description
- Click "Activate"
- Wait a while and the device will read "TriPOS" when activation is successful.
Having trouble activating the device? Check out our Troubleshooting article
Link BridalLive to the Device
Once your device is setup within Merchant Track, it's ready to be linked to BridalLive. We have a separate tutorial for that will walk you through the process. Click here to continue.